My top 5 picks for Hemel Hempstead
- Polish up on your Après Ski – Hit the slops. Literally. You don’t have to travel as far as Milton Keynes anymore; so practise your freestyle at just opened Hemel Hampstead’s indoor snow centre “described as the closest real snow in London”. And then join the après-ski. http://www.thesnowcentre.com
- Old Skool Raving – who said you can only dance your socks off in London? You’ll have to Google or ask at the pub for the latest events at places like the Warehouse or check out http://www.wherecanwego.com
- Have a laugh – watch out for live stand up comedy from the UK’s greatest and new acts at the Town Hall, http://www.wherecanwego.com
- Ring the bell – Join the group of bell ringers at St Mary’s church (it has the highest spire in Hertfordshire). Here’s the description as “Bellringing is a mentally stimulating exercise. All you need is a reasonably healthy body and a sense of rhythm. You don't need to be particularly religious, or to have the brain of an Einstein, or to be incredibly strong. The bells at Hemel are quite heavy…” Go on. Ring that bell. http://stmaryshemel.org.uk/
- Knock Everyone’s Skates Off - Extreme sports galore. You won’t have time to sit down in this place, with XC’s huge skate park, indoor climbing and caving…phew I’m exhausted. See you at the bar. http://www.thexc.co.uk
Welcome to Shared Living !