My Top 5 Picks for Things to do in Watford
- Nordic Walking – recharge those brain cells after a crazy week of work and keep fit (even in the winter) by joining a Nordic Walking group in Cassiobury Park. Watford’s largest greenbelt, open to the public all year round. A must. And if walking isn’t your thing you could always try strawberry + champagne picnics in the Summer. http://cassioburypark.info
- Hang upside down in a Beatle Star’s Old Home – George Harrison used to live in Piggot Manor. It’s now called Bhakti Vedanta Manor after he gifted it to the Hare Krishna movement in the 70s. You don’t have to be of any religious inclination to join their weekly yoga classes, twice a week. http://www.bhaktivedantamanor.co.uk/home/?page_id=28
- Shop ‘Till you Drop at the Intu Watford Centre - Watford’s answer to Westfields. It used to be called the Harlequin centre and opened in 1992. It has a glass roof so you won’t feel boxed in, a newly opened IMAX cinema and it’s 3rd floor dedicated to local artists. http://intu.co.uk/watford/stores
- Go on an International food tour - Choose a different cuisine each week or day (whatever your fancy) from Watford’s top International eateries, to name a few, Thai at Lemon Grass, Japanese at Hanako, Italian at Zinco, eat your heart out.
- Let your hair down – Support Watford Football Club on their home ground at Vicarage Road stadium. The local football team, kicked off (excuse the pun in 1881). I have no idea why they’re mascot is called Harry? Let me know if you do.
Welcome to Shared Living !